Street Limited Overlay Resurfacing Beginning
Published on Apr 18, 2017 / Local News
New Braunfels, TX − The City of New Braunfels has announced that potential traffic delays are expected on the following streets while they are being resurfaced as part of the City’s yearly maintenance program:
• Sierra Drive from Mission Drive to terminus
• Balcones Avenue from Encino Drive to Laurel Lane
• Clemens Avenue from W. San Antonio Street to West Coll Street
• McQueeney Road from IH 35 to Business 35
• Heather Lane from Oleander Street to Hollyhock Lane
• Roselawn Circle from Heather Lane to terminus.
The limited overlay project is completed in two phases. The first phase includes applying oil and small rock to the surface, and the second phase consists of the application of asphalt. The first phase is expected to be completed from Wednesday, April 19th through Friday, April 28th, weather and other factors permitting. The second phase will be scheduled after the completion of the first phase on all the above listed locations. This project is funded by the City’s General Fund and will provide a better driving experience and longer roadway life. For additional information, contact Street and Drainage Manager John Cox, at (830) 221-4030.